Watch KK Grow

Stories about life with KK, and some other random topics now and then...

Thursday, September 04, 2008

Gone Baby Gone

I remember very vividly what the days and nights were like after we brought our little miracle baby home. I spent hours and hours snuggling and nursing her in bed. Daddy would come home for lunch and be discouraged that we hadn't really gotten up for the day yet. He didn't fully grasp that days and nights all become the same, and he worried that I was going to sleep until 1pm forever and ever. I was tired, but mostly I just loved being next to her, feeding her and taking care of her. I loved watching episodes of Little H0use on the Pr@irie while she slept next to me in bed. I loved being right there for her when she woke up. There was nothing better than being with her, cuddling her, looking at her pretty little fingers, toes, nose, lips, eyes, every little piece of her. I remember it well, because I knew. I knew those special days and moments would slip by fast and so I enjoyed every second. Suddenly we have a young lady in our family. A three year old going on thirty. She's smart, silly, clever, loving, stubborn, and fun. She can do somersaults, count to twenty-five before she loses interest, and she can hop "really, really high!" She loves to make silly faces that I try not to laugh at. She tells stories and makes up words. She demands things, throws temper tantrums, pushes buttons, and tests limits. And she loooooves going to her new pre-school!!! I don't think either Daddy or I realized just how fast our lives would go from sleepy cuddles to pre-school, soccer, music, dance, playgroups, and parties. It's not the same as it was during those first weeks, but I love it just the same. Our little one has gone from a sleepy snuggle-bug to a big school-girl in the blink of an eye. She may not be a baby anymore, but she will always be my baby...and I am so proud and lucky to be her Mommy!

5 Comments:

At 6:40 AM, Blogger Auntie Sunshine said...

She is a snugglebug! It flies by fast, that's for sure. Keep enjoying though, you've got lots of time left.

 
At 8:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remember those cuddly times too! With you and with KK. She is growing up so fast and she looks so proud with her color cordinated outfit for school. When I talk with her on the phone she talks so grown up and in sentences and you don't need to tell her what to say anymore. You and daddy have done good!

Grandma K

 
At 8:35 AM, Blogger Jamie said...

So sweet!!!
She sounds very much like my Avery, and I have been having many of your same thoughts lately. It's amazing how fast things change and yet slow enough that you don't exactly see it happen. Good luck with preschool, can't wait to see how she does!

 
At 11:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

KK you do look like such a big girl going off to preschool! J and I cant wait to hear all about how much fun you are having at school and seeing all the projects you make! It has been so fun to watch you grow up! You are a very special girl! XOXO, L&J

 
At 1:10 PM, Blogger LCP said...

How sweet...and look at that back pack, practicaly as big as she is!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home