Watch KK Grow

Stories about life with KK, and some other random topics now and then...

Friday, April 13, 2007

I don't get it

Wouldn't it be wonderful if for just one day there was no illness, no pain, no fear, no war, no worry, and no despair? Of course one day wouldn't be enough. This has turned out to be a very humbling week. It's unnerving how life can change in the blink of an eye. I remember the feelings I had when not long ago I kept being asked to come back in for more and more mammograms and breast ultrasounds. It ended up to be nothing to worry about, but it was one of the most terrifying weeks of my life.

This week our Uncle Geoff lost a very close family friend to a form of meningitis. She was going to nanny for him and his wife when their baby arrives later this year. She was only 20. Fine on Friday. Gone on Tuesday. I can't even imagine.

And tonight I learned that Mama Panda is fighting a slow-moving non-agressive cancer. Statistics are on her side, she says, and I am so glad for that. I will still be praying for her and her family like crazy. If you'd like, drop her a comment of encouragement. She's been through more in the past year than anyone should ever have to bear.

Sometimes I just don't get it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home