Watch KK Grow

Stories about life with KK, and some other random topics now and then...

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Weirdness

A couple of days ago, KK started to occasionally call me by my first name. The first time she did it, it was so clear and deliberate that it freaked me out a little bit. I didn't think that this was supposed to happen until she was a teenager!!! She only does it a couple of times a day. I guess I shouldn't be surprised; it's not like she hasn't heard me called by my name a million times. But still, it was really weird to hear her call me by my name out of the blue!

In other weirdness around here, KK's is intent on having her dollies/stuffed animals sit straight up. If she can't get them balanced just right, she cries "Sit Help! Sit Help!" until she can get it right. She's quite persistent with her attemps, and it's hilarious to watch her. I guess this isn't really that weird, but sometimes it feels strange to walk into a room where it looks like a bunch of stuffed animals and dolls are having a conference. Did you check out those pigtails?!? They make her look like such a big girl! Of course we thought they were cute, but for now we've gone back to just the one pony-sprout. It's part of the morning routine, and KK doesn't let me forget. "Pony in? Pony in? PONY IN?!" We all love the pony-sprout.

And speaking of weird things, what the he!! happened on TV tonight? I guess it's partly my fault. I thought it was a no-brainer, so I didn't vote. And it seems that everyone else must have thought the same thing, so they didn't vote either. WHY DIDN'T WE VOTE??? Now she’s gone. And it's not worth watching anymore. It was pretty much the only show I really like to watch and now it just won't be the same. It's not like I don't like the last two standing...but I was sure she'd be the one. There is no question that she is the best. I guess that's show business. I'm just sad I'll have to wait so long to buy her first album. She'll probably be a lot more successful without the stupid title attached to her anyway. I'm sorry we let you down, Melinda. : (

2 Comments:

At 6:25 AM, Blogger Bobbie said...

She does like to line her dolls and animals up in a row. Maybe she will be a school teacher some day. Make all of students sit up straight in their desks. That is so cute. Great grandma will be so happy to see her in July and she will be so surprised to she how much she has grown!!!
I wasn't sure what you were talking about, Dancing with the Stars or American Idle but I guess it is AI right?

Say hi to KK from grandma!
Love and kisses

 
At 9:56 PM, Blogger Terri Mork Speirs said...

I completely agree about Melinda. T

 

Post a Comment

<< Home